Enjoy a sneak peak of one of Elizabeth Moad's projects from the new issue
To download the kit's fabric rose template click here!
The backing board of this issue's LMC kit is full of handy templates and decoupage elements that are bound to fuel your creativity. This was certainly the case for Elizabeth Moad, who was inspired to come up with this stand-out design.
1. Use the Heart Pocket template to cut an aperture in a pink blank. Remove the shape and trim 5mm all the way around. Take a 10cm length of lace ribbon and drape it over the top of the card as shown. Tape both ends to the back of the heart. Take another length of ribbon, 4cm, and stick one end to the inner front panel of the card and the other to the back of the heart to secure the shape in place.
2. Create four roses from fabric as follows:
- Trace the template onto paper, Place over the fabric and draw and cut around it
- Fold the fabric and lightly tack stitch along the bottom (i.e. not the fold)
- Pull the thread slightly to pucker the fabric
- Starting from the narrow edge, roll into a rose shape
- Make a few stitches to hold the end in place and stop it from unrolling
3. Fold small pieces of pink ribbon in half and attach to the roses. Glue three to the heart and save one.
4. Adhere patterned paper and a length of lace ribbon across the bottom of the card. To finish, add the final rose and a 'Make Do and Mend' sentiment.
Always use fabric scissors where a design calls for them. You'll achieve a much better cut that way.